If you were to make a list of the most important ingredients for a wedding – minus the intangibles like love and patience – you’d get to flowers real fast. They’re not as critical as say, a bride or groom or the rings, but they’re heads and shoulders over some of the other trappings like candles, programs or string quartets.
Flowers can play a significant role, from the bride’s bouquet to smaller bouquets for bridesmaids to the groom’s boutonnieres to corsages for grandparents. Arrangements of flowers can be placed all around the church or hall, and the flower girl can sprinkle petals as the bride approaches. Even a small-scale wedding can be enhanced with fresh and colorful flowers.
Here’s a quick run-down of useful floral-related wedding options:
- Real is better. Silk flowers are available, but there’s nothing that matches the look and feel of actual flowers.
- You don’t have to splurge. Your wedding planner or floral specialist should give you several choices, not just colors or styles but possible costs for different budgets.
- Colors abound. Any florist can find white flowers, from white roses to white carnations. But excellent florists can find combinations that match or complement the other colors at your event.
- One size doesn’t fit all. Veldkamp’s Flowers in Denver, Colorado offers many options even where bouquets are concerned. There are hand-tied ones that include the stems and are an excellent choice for garden weddings, or nosegay bouquets, which are round, aromatic clusters of flowers and a trendy choice.
Finding the best gift ideas for an August birthday can put you in a tight spot, particularly when you just don’t know what to get someone. However, there is one solution that just about anyone will appreciate, especially if there is a big birthday celebration or summer blowout in the works.
Even if you can’t make it to the festivities, you can show that you care by planning a delivery or dropping by with a centerpiece of fresh cut green flowers or a live plant. Green is all around us in the summertime, but it is a special hue to those born in August, as their birthstone is the Peridot, an olive-green gemstone. As one of the few gemstones in nature to occur in only one color, Peridot is as unique as the people it represents.
Considering that every celebration needs a little decor, a floral gift, potted plant, or a majestic Ficus Tree will be much appreciated by the host and will add to the uniqueness of the gathering. Plants are widely popular August birthday gifts because they can last for years and bring the recipient joy for birthdays to come.
Show that special person you care with a gift that keeps on giving – order a green plant from your trusted local florist, Veldkamp’s Flowers & Gifts, who you can count on for the highest quality and reliable delivery.
When it’s a girl, there are many ways to celebrate the birth. All around the world, girls are born every day and it’s important to congratulate the new parents. One of the best ways to do this is to send new baby flowers.
You can choose to send the flowers to the parents or bring them. Veldkamps Flowers & Gifts, your local florist will help you to find the perfect way to say congratulations.
Pink flowers are often the bouquet of choice when deciding what to send to a girl, but you can always customize them for a boy as well. You can send flowers only or even include a teddy bear so that the baby girl has something special in her crib or bassinet, too.
It’s always a celebration when there is a baby born. Celebrations mean parties and there’s no party without the décor. You don’t have to send streamers and balloons – flowers are going to be all of the party décor needed. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about shopping for the flowers or trying to figure out how to wrap the “perfect” gift.
All you have to do is work with your local florist to send a beautiful bouquet to the proud parents of the new baby girl. You can have a bouquet personalized based upon the colors you want to incorporate, the types of flowers that you want to send and even the budget that you want to stay around. Your gift will then be ready for you to pick up or to be hand-delivered on your behalf. It’s a great way to send something when it’s a girl and there’s no need to spend hours at a store.
Flowers are a timeless offering to show someone that they’re special, thank someone or wish them well. You’re telling them that they brighten up the room even more than lovely flowers can. Flowers also are one of the easiest ways to show someone you care.
Here are some strategies for matching flowers to personalities.
- Do it yourself, if you can. Though most reliable local florists can easily arrange delivery anywhere in the country, they also welcome people to come in, get advice in putting together a perfect bouquet and hand-delivering it. Like the Premium Pink Long Stem Roses bouquet, which includes 12-24 beautiful, aromatic roses.
- Flowers fit any occasion. Happy birthday flowers are nice, and Valentine’s Day flowers are almost a requirement. Modern local florists can put together a bouquet for any reason, including a patriotic ensemble for the Fourth of July.
- An anniversary flower delivery is another thoughtful gift, whether it’s your first or 40th. Does she have a favorite flower or color? The Basket of Love, for instance, includes a beautiful blend of roses, mums, and other flowers in a lovely re-usable container.
- Guys enjoy flowers too. Though there’s the stereotype that floral bouquets are for ladies only, just about anyone can enjoy the gesture. With Denver flower delivery, your recipient’s home or workplace can be easily improved with floral combinations or plants that are more neutral and don’t smell so flowery. Like the colorful Anchors Aweigh bouquet, which has a nautical feel with carnations, or the ’48 Ford Pickup, which has a whimsical bouquet in the back of a vintage F-1 pickup.
This year, take advantage of Father’s Day by expressing your love for your father with the gift and heartfelt sentiment he deserves. This Father’s Day, show your dad how much you appreciate him with a Father’s Day Bouquet from Veldkamp’s Flowers and Gifts, Inc.
The Anchor’s Aweigh Bouquet is delivered in a Captain Carefree Keepsake sail boat, which your father will admire for years to come. This bouquet provides the perfect backdrop for a note thanking your father for always keeping you afloat, being your Northern Star guiding you through life, and for being the wind in your sails pushing you forward. Take this opportunity to thank your father for being who is he because without him, you might be adrift in the open sea with no compass, no breeze, and no guiding light.
If you are like most people, you probably think having fresh flowers in your house is only for a special occasion or for a holiday. But fresh flowers can change the mood in a house like nothing else. They can change the atmosphere from drab to fab in no time at all.
Put fresh flowers on your dining room table and enjoy dinner there for an elegant evening at home. Put flowers in your bathroom to make it feel like a luxurious hotel, or put them in your bedroom to turn it into a romantic retreat.
Different types of fresh flowers are available all year around, so you can vary your flower selection by season. The addition of fresh flowers to any room in the house will make the whole house feel more special, and when your house feels special, you’ll feel proud to invite people over to enjoy it.
Don’t be persuaded by the national flower dealers that deliver in boxes, and offer large savings and propaganda. Did you know that national flowers are picked too soon, just so that they package better? They are shipped in a box that then requires your assembly! Some nursing homes and hospitals will not accept them because they are too much work for the nurses and staff.
Before you choose where to purchase your flowers I urge you to check out the company’s Facebook page. Read what people are writing about their experiences and the customer service they receive. A lot of reviews or comments include pictures too. I urge you remember your local florist. Your local florist’s flowers will be professionally arranged and hand delivered. Imagine the quality! Imagine that the bouquet that you send would actually look like the picture!
When you receive delivery flowers, which are usually cut flowers, or you cut your own fresh flowers, your main goal is to not only bring beauty into your home but to keep them as fresh as possible as long as possible. While putting your flowers in water helps, there are ways to increase the longevity of their beauty for days longer.
While there are expensive solutions you can buy, an inexpensive way to extend their beauty is by using Sprite or 7-up since the sugar adds nutrients or a mixture of vodka and sugar since the alcohol helps preserve the flowers as well. By using one of these home-made solutions, you’ll be able to enjoy your cut flowers a lot longer. All it takes is a little creative thinking!